How to Get Started
If you are on academic probation and wish to learn more about all AIM has to offer, please read the introductory letter below and then view the orientation video.
After you have viewed the video:
1. Print and complete the SMART Goals Handout (see link below). You will need to bring it to your LASSI appointment.
2. Make an appointment to complete the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI).
- Look at the Fall 2014 LASSI Schedule (see link below) and select a time when you can come in and complete the LASSI survey (this will take about 45 minutes).
- Email us at email@example.com and let us know when you would like to come in.
3. Finally come in during your appointed hour to begin the AIM process and your first steps to getting off academic probation.
What Resources Are Provided Through AIM?
- An orientation to AIM. At the beginning of the semester an online orientation is available to students on academic probation. An overview of the AIM plan requirements will be provided.
- An Individualized Success Plan. To determine an Individualized Success Plan, students will meet with a staff member in the Learning Center. At this point, students will take the Study Behavior Inventory to determine what academic skill areas they need to focus on for success. The student and staff member together will create an individual plan for success.
- Online workshops. College success workshops are provided online for students to peruse at their convenience. Topics will include Time Management, Note-taking Strategies, Tips for Approaching College Textbooks, College Exam Strategies, and Dealing with College Stress.
- Access to Peer Tutors. Students on academic probation will be encouraged to meet regularly with peer tutors to work on content areas in which they need assistance.
- Access to study skills tutoring and/or a Learning Specialist. Students on academic probation will be encouraged to work with either a Graduate Assistant or a Learning Specialist to develop more effective strategies to succeed in the college environment.
- Weekly email reminders. Students will receive information about workshops and tutoring services on a weekly basis